Senior Software Engineer – Rails Full Stack
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Rails Front End
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports to: Sr. Director, Web Applications
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Ooma is expanding at a fast pace, so we are looking for a full stack Ruby on Rails software professional who thrives on solving hard problems and building world class, exciting UX using Ruby, Rails, React, and TDD/BDD. Designing, developing, and delivering high quality, elegant software is in your DNA. You will be a key player in taking the Ooma customer experience to the next level by solving complex problems and developing advanced software.
- Architect, design, and code/lead the implementation of exciting new features and UX for our multi-tenant, internationalized end user portals using Rails and React.
- Full development lifecycle including requirements review, design, coding, implementation, testing optimization, and maintenance support for Ooma’s customer facing web portals, APIs, tools, and infrastructure
- Become an expert in Ooma’s advanced telephony and smart home components
- Work with on-shore and off-shore engineers
- Advance our automated testing infrastructure
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Superb Rails and React skills. 5+ years Rails and 1+ years React experience
- An affinity and need to use TDD/BDD tools such as rspec, cucumber, and jasmine
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design methodology and design patterns
- Hands on experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- High level of self-motivation, exhibiting a willingness to make a difference
Nice to Have:
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in customer facing web portals in an IP/telephony/service provider company
- Experience or strong interest with Agile, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Working knowledge of Git
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma delivers HD call quality and the reliability of traditional phone service at a fraction of the cost, in a sleek and innovative design. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication. The Ooma Mobile HD app allows customers to make U.S. and international calls from their iOS and Android devices. Ooma is available at leading retailers and online destinations. For more information, go to www.ooma.com (U.S.) or www.ooma.com/ca (Canada).
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.