Hardware Engineer (Design Engineer)
Job Title: Hardware Engineer (Design Engineer)
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports to: VP Hardware Engineering
Ooma is seeking a full-time Hardware Engineer to join the Product Engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of all consumer products
- Performing system level analog and digital circuit design, RF and antenna design,
- Schematic capture and PCB layout, including embedded Linux, C, and Assembler programming
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science – Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Hardware, Software, and Firmware
- Experience programming C, Assembler, and Shell scripts
- Digital and analog design experience. Facility with Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and Logic analyzer, with good lab bench and debugging skills
- Component selection, Schematic capture, PCB layout experience
- Microcontroller or microprocessor design experience required
- RF design experience, and familiarity with DECT or GSM a plus
- Embedded software development experience required, Linux experience preferred
- POTS, Digital Telephony, and VoIP experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment, show initiative, accept responsibility, apply technical skills, and communicate effectively with various levels within the organization.
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.