Cant make outgoing calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Post Reply
meschaefer
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 am

Cant make outgoing calls

Post by meschaefer » Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 am

I have had some problem getting a Telo up and running. I originally was unable to get a dialtone until I moved the telo behind my router. I can now receive calls but I can't make any calls. Here is the set up.

Modem from Cable Provider (time warner)---->

Telo ---> patch board ------> handsets (Uniden)

Telo ---> router -----> switch -----> other pereipherals (Computers, xbox, etc - all work fine)

I have tried to access the telo from my laptop but have been unable to using either the LAN ip address, or the two aaddresses found in the set up (setup.ooma.com or IP address)

I have tried hitting *98 before dialing, but no luck.

Any ideas

TIA

Matt

murphy
Posts: 7165
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by murphy » Tue May 15, 2012 5:40 am

meschaefer wrote:I have had some problem getting a Telo up and running. I originally was unable to get a dialtone until I moved the telo behind my router. I can now receive calls but I can't make any calls. Here is the set up.

Modem from Cable Provider (time warner)---->

Telo ---> patch board ------> handsets (Uniden)

Telo ---> router -----> switch -----> other pereipherals (Computers, xbox, etc - all work fine)

I have tried to access the telo from my laptop but have been unable to using either the LAN ip address, or the two aaddresses found in the set up (setup.ooma.com or IP address)

I have tried hitting *98 before dialing, but no luck.

Any ideas

TIA

Matt
Which is it?
Your text says that the Telo is behind your router.
The diagram shows the Telo in front of your router.

Connect a computer to the Home port of the Telo.
If the computer has wireless capability, disable the wireless.

Connect to

http://172.27.35.1
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

meschaefer
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 am

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by meschaefer » Tue May 15, 2012 7:17 am

Sorry. The diagram is correct.

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by thunderbird » Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 am

meschaefer wrote:Sorry. The diagram is correct.
When you are making a call, try calling with all of the party's phone number, example: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

meschaefer
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 am

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by meschaefer » Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 am

thunderbird wrote:
meschaefer wrote:Sorry. The diagram is correct.
When you are making a call, try calling with all of the party's phone number, example: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.
i've tried that. Nothing happens. I have also tried the seven digit number, the 1+ the seven digit number and with and without *98 in front.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 am

Try power cycling everything. Power down everything, power up from the modem first (remove battery if exists and then re-insert), then whatever is next (ooma or router), then Ooma or router, etc.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by thunderbird » Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

lbmofo wrote:Try power cycling everything. Power down everything, power up from the modem first (remove battery if exists and then re-insert), then whatever is next (ooma or router), then Ooma or router, etc.
Some more things to try:

Also on the face of the Ooma Telo press the envelope (Do Not Disturb) button until it turns yellow.
Then press it again and until it turns blue. Then test.

Make sure that your credit card information is correct and up to date in My Ooma.

Call using a different phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port.

Power off the Ooma Telo for One hour, then repower and test.

MarkMB
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Re: Cant make outgoing calls

Post by MarkMB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Seven years ago and the same problem.

DON'T BUY OOMA. RETURN IMMEDIATELY!

Post Reply