Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm
Is there a way to have the ooma hub BAM emit an audible tone when new messages arrive. My hub is not in a convenient location and it would be nice to hear a repeating tone (like landline answering machines) alerting me to check the machine. Thanks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:44 pm
I agree with this my hub is up stairs and when we come home it would be great to have a audible tone that would alert us of new messages. I have just released Vonage as my carrier and switched to OOMA.
Improvements I would suggest:
1. Audible tone to alert there are messages
2. Call forwarding and simultaneous ringing to other phone numbers
3. Free calling to Canada
4. Outlook Icon to click and call
5. Call Hunt
6. Soft phone I can use
- Ooma Moderator
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:54 am
- Location: Palo Alto, California
Right now the BAM doesn't emit an audible tone - only the Message Waiting Indicator on the ooma device and handset (if available) lights up. One way to work around this would be to install ooma Scouts in more trafficked locations or setup voicemail notifications via email or SMS to your mobile phone.