Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48913 by newatthis
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:27 am
This is NOT an issue where it just switches over immediately to voicemail, but rather that the caller can hear it ring until voice mail picks up, but the actual house phone DOESN't ring. And, yes, I checked the voicemail button, and no help. Tried to call Ooma support repeatedly on Saturday and never got off hold. Have tried two set-up configurations; 2B was recommended in the initial setup, and have switched now to Option A, connecting between modem and router. I have cable-based phone and internet connection, no wall jack. Have tried plugging wall phone connection into both wall and phone connections, but no help. Also checked phone ringers; not an issue. PLEASE help me sort this out; have not yet tried to port my number, though I began to; thought I should see if it worked for me before doing so, so am wondering if Ooma has assigned me another phone number? If so, can't find it. My account lists number as my current one. Obviously not going to work out for me if my phone won't ring.
#48916 by newatthis
Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 am
Tried connecting it to wall port - no help. I should perhaps also mention that ALL the buttons/lights on the Ooma Telo are lit up blue at all times. Which is NOT what is shown in the photos. Is this how it's supposed to look? How many college graduates does it actually take to make this thing work? Not to go on about it, but it would be helpful to see a video about how to install, rather than the rather more advanced topics addressed.
#48923 by southsound
Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:34 am
#48928 by southsound
Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:11 am