Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#109328 by dccsb
Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 pm
Could you add a mechanism to allow a user to "override" a specific number that is on the community blacklist? Recently the 800 number that comes up when I call home (we use VOIP at work) has been added to the community blacklist and now I can no longer call home from work. I would rather not disable the entire community blacklist but would like in my situation to bypass this feature fro this one number. Thoughts?
#109450 by lbmofo
Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 pm
Added this "Give My Ooma Contacts Exception" to .

Basically in the Blacklists section, give users the option to enable/check "Give My Ooma Contacts Exception" so that anyone in My Ooma Contacts would ring through bypassing any blacklist processing.
#112570 by jc966
Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm
All the incoming calls with 1-800 numbers went directly into voice mail without ringing with my newly purchased Ooma Telo. I had to disable the community blacklist to allow 1-800 number incoming calls to come through. These calls were important calls from my bank, security department of credit card and some from Dell service department. I bet all these calls were VIOP based. Ooma should give the community blacklist another look; otherwise, everyone will eventually turn it off and no one will be using it.
#112571 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm
If in doubt, you can make the community blacklist treatment "send to voicemail" so if important, they'll leave a message.