Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4720 by nramaswamy
Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 am
Guys / Support

My friends and relatives tell me that they see OOMA being diplayed on their computer and did not pick it up thinking it is a sales call.

How do I change it to reflect my name? Anything I can do in the lounge without having to call customer service - No offense - It Sucks !!!! thry just do not pick up !!!!
#4723 by jmassimilla
Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:35 am
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do from the lounge. I had the same problem. After 3 weeks, I called them, waited for 20 minutes and someone did pick up. The rep was very helpful and said he would escalate the problem for me. Within 2 business days, the problem was resolved on both of my numbers. They are sometimes hard to get because are very busy....growing pains. I heard that they just added more people to their support staff to try to improve their response time. Be patient with them because when you do get someone, they will do their best for you...a far cry from the last carrier I was involved with.
#4742 by nramaswamy
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:17 am
Well actually I was pleasantly surprised, I was able to get through in about 15 minutes (Half the normal waiting time) on Sunday 03/15 and you are right, when you get to speak to somebody, they are very courteous and the problem is taken care of immediately - let us all give growing plains sometime.

Support told me to stay put until my old number gets ported and ensured that once that is done, it will automatically change outgoing CID to my name - so let us see if that works when the number does get ported.

i am kind of liking this Ooma thing slowly.

Thank you for the update and help.