Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68728 by i24u
Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:35 am
When my friend calls me at work my name will not show up on the caller ID. What shows up is 1(areacode) xxx-xxx. The one is showing up but the last digit of my number isn't. 1xx-xxx-xxxx. First 3 x's is area code, then the first three numbers then only the first three of my last four numbers. How do I fix this. I have tried dailing the one, not dailing the one and just dailing the 7 digit number. Could it just be my work phone. Not sure it's a problem with other people cause i'm already in their phone book so when I call what ever name they have listed for me shows up.
#68731 by hpepper
Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:29 am
i24u wrote:When my friend calls me at work my name will not show up on the caller ID. What shows up is 1(areacode) xxx-xxx. The one is showing up but the last digit of my number isn't. 1xx-xxx-xxxx. First 3 x's is area code, then the first three numbers then only the first three of my last four numbers. How do I fix this. I have tried dailing the one, not dailing the one and just dailing the 7 digit number. Could it just be my work phone. Not sure it's a problem with other people cause i'm already in their phone book so when I call what ever name they have listed for me shows up.

A couple test numbers you can call that will play back your number and ID:

Caller ID w/ Name Playback Call (804) 222-1111. (No area code will be read back)
Number playback 1-800-444-4444 (MCI)
#68736 by i24u
Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 am
Well the 804 number reads back missing the first number of my phone number. Could just be connection? And the caller ID read back is my current city not my name. The MCI number worked fine. I have only had ooma for two weeks now could it just be my name isn't out there yet.
#68745 by hpepper
Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 am
i24u wrote:Well the 804 number reads back missing the first number of my phone number. Could just be connection? And the caller ID read back is my current city not my name. The MCI number worked fine. I have only had ooma for two weeks now could it just be my name isn't out there yet.

It could definitely be that it has only been two weeks. Give it another week or two and call Customer Support if still not working after that... and by the way, welcome to the ooma forums! There are quite a few really helpful experienced customers on these boards. It helped me a lot whenever I needed help over the past year and a half.