Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68448 by mviazanko
Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 pm
Is there a way to get customer support if the outsourced (or new) customer support cannot help? Original OOMA customer support used to be great and they answered a lot of my questions prior to me becoming an OOMA customer and porting my number. Now that I'm a customer and ported my number, all the answers given by the original customer support people are disavowed by the new (or outsourced?) customer service. The latest customer service people just can give curt "canned answers" from the FAQ on the OOMA web site. Any ideas how to get resolution out of customer support beyond just the regurgitating of the FAQ?
#68449 by southsound
Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 pm
Sure. For most problems that do not require looking at or modifying your account or the actual server logs, you can post the details here and you will find the users to be quite helpful. Sometimes even more than would be possible if you talked to the higher level technicians because for the most part, the collective knowledge of fellow users is unsurpassed. There are only a few things we cannot do, but if you have one of those situations, we can recommend sending a PM to one of the mods. Since you have already done your part at that stage, they are more than happy to help!
#68450 by mviazanko
Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 pm
Unfortunately it does require looking at or modifying my account. My issue should not be difficult - but the errors or missteps on OOMA's part are compounding the problem. I really need to reach someone who can do more than read the FAQs to me.