Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67899 by tajson
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:15 pm
I have tried to search the forum for an answer but could not find it. I know there are the different ring patterns and an ooma song to choose from on the Telo handset. Is it possible to swap out the ooma song by uploading/ftp'ing it to the handset or add other song fragments to the list since the ooma song sounds like the cheerleadering squad is ready to burst through the door.

It would just be nice in the middle of the night... not to have the generic ring patterns or a whaling ghost downstairs but something more soothing sound to wake up by. Like our other handset on the landline number has nice classic music to choose from.
#68167 by tajson
Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:50 pm
Where is the southsound's reply when you need it but I just need a simple yes or no to custom Incoming Call Ring like the ooma ghost?

I remember "generic" connection tones on my low speed modem back in the 80s so this is 2010 and my $50 telo handset can perform similar sounds and the ghost. There must be a way to produce custom HD quality Incoming Call Ring music. Or am I just dreaming of the future?
#68176 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 pm
tajson wrote:Is it possible to swap out the ooma song by uploading/ftp'ing it to the handset or add other song fragments to the list since the ooma song sounds like the cheerleadering squad is ready to burst through the door.

Not yet.
#68181 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:39 pm
tajson wrote:Well, we are talking about simple technical issues since the ooma ghost is already there.

Yes but need user interface to deliver the feature.