Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#69515 by sfhub
Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm
cmeisel wrote:a chrome IE extension is not useful if you want to use an iphone or ipad to modify your ooma setup page.
The bottom line is that Ooma can code this page in a way that it will 100 display in any browser currently on the market.
That is especially easy to do given that the setup page is a rather simple page.

It is likely not that difficult to change the page so it works.

Consider though that setup.ooma.com isn't something you are going to be accessing constantly and there are pretty simple workarounds for the short period you may need to access it.

There are bigger issues Ooma is dealing with like the echo high latency problem and the one ring to voicemail. These affect more people's day-to-day usage and there are no workarounds.

So IMO, easy to fix - yes, workaround available - yes, # users affected - low, affects initial impression - yes, priority - medium to low.
#69612 by mrgrumpy
Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:08 am
Please FIX this cgi script as the previous poster explained: missing generation of DOCTYPE html head tags
http://setup.ooma.com/cgi-bin/ooma_cgi. ... epage=home
that is simply inexcusable.
Ooma, we, the customers, debugged and told you exactly what the problem and solution are.
If ten posts is not enough to shame Ooma to fix something simple, with no logic change, in software/firmware, what is ?
#69970 by tommies
Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm
mrgrumpy wrote:Please FIX this cgi script as the previous poster explained: missing generation of DOCTYPE html head tags
http://setup.ooma.com/cgi-bin/ooma_cgi. ... epage=home
that is simply inexcusable.
Ooma, we, the customers, debugged and told you exactly what the problem and solution are.
If ten posts is not enough to shame Ooma to fix something simple, with no logic change, in software/firmware, what is ?

There was a discuss about this issue last year, similar to the quote here. Eventually, a ooma staff acknowledged that this is a bug, not an omission. The tags
Code: Select all<html><head>
was stripped some where in the process. Ooma does not have the man power to track it down given the low priority, and there are more pressing issues needed to be resolved.
#70081 by mrgrumpy
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 pm
There was a discuss about this issue last year, similar to the quote here. Eventually, a ooma staff acknowledged that this is a bug, not an omission. The tags
Code: Select all<html><head>
was stripped some where in the process. Ooma does not have the man power to track it down given the low priority, and there are more pressing issues needed to be resolved.

Last year ? And this is still around ?
Does anyone at OOMA have this as a low priority defect ticket then ?
Or is this just hearsay ?
They should hire me then! :D "insert laughter here!" I would be glad to fix it for everyone!
That and make the annoying musical dial tone configurable or disable it !
#73722 by monkius
Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 pm
Any ETA on a fix? I cannot see how this would be that complicated. I had to dig up a Windows machine so I could talk to it using IE. Most of my machines are Macs with Chrome installed :(

I am a little concerned about the long term viability of ooma if their developer resources are not sufficient to fix an easy to fix bug that is impacting a lot of users.