Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67016 by jogger74
Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:17 pm
About 5-8 times during the past week, the light on my Telo changed to blinking red. I do not know if I temporarily lost internet connection or not. The Telo continues to blink red even when I have internet access. The only way for me to get the Telo working again is to unplug the Telo. My question is - shouldn't the Telo reset itself automatically when internet is working? This realy frustrating when I come home to find out that I had no phone service again.

My Telo is connected between the modem and roouter.
#67026 by hanna
Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 am
I am a new user who is frustrated by the same issue. I've had to reset (unplug) my Telo at least 10 times during this first week or so that I'm trying it out. My Telo is installed behind my router. Telo is too finicky to trust so far but I'm starting to wonder if I should put a halt to my phone porting. Phone calls are less important to me than internet consistency but still, it is frustrating. I've missed many calls from this blinking red light.
#67029 by murphy
Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 am
Do you have DSL?
If so, is the DSL modem configured to always keep the connection alive?
The default for many DSL modems is to shut down the connection after a period of inactivity. That will make it difficult for Ooma to maintain the tunnel to the Ooma server.