Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66398 by RClay
Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:08 pm
Update: after coming home I noticed that connection speed was drastically reduced again. I did not trace down and test the culprit so it could have been isp issues or the voip again, not sure. I took the opportunity to change the placement of the Telo from second in line to third. After the QoS changes the placement works perfectly from the router Ethernet port. Just an fyi.
#67214 by Spiky
Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:33 pm
murphy wrote:Did you configure the QOS in the Ooma box? With your speeds I would set both the download and upload numbers to 0 (disabled).

Elsewhere we are told to set QOS upload to the same speed as our max actual throughput. Can anyone give specifics on what this does? Why we should be at max or zero or anything? Trying to understand the tech.
#67258 by Spiky
Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:15 am
So...I just installed Ooma, and Comcast Blast, so I've been testing many things, many times. At the moment I decided to put the QoS to 1000kb. Make sense? What would Ooma realistically make use of?

Last night I was getting ridiculous test speeds, which probably don't translate to real world at all, like 45Mb down, 7Mb up as an average. Blast is only supposed to be 16-20Mb down, 2Mb up. I have a DOCSIS 3.0, but that's just nuts.