Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66026 by pinan
Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm
Yeah....let me explain.

My wife had a Verizon land line and today, porting of her number completed to my PhonePower VoIP (PP) line. For whatever reason my Ooma can't get through to her ported number now (on PP), it still rings on her Verizon line (not yet shut off). My cell rings through to PP as well as my MagicJack, but not Ooma. Friends are also able to call and get through on the PP line.

I suppose it might simply take some time for everything to be finished and refreshed, but it sure seems odd. Maybe it will work correctly once Verizon shuts off her line. :?:

Just so I'm being clear: Nothing whatsoever was done to the Ooma line.

Thoughts?
#66039 by Davesworld
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:44 pm
Sounds like a call routing issue. Depending on where you live and Ooma's provider (XO Communications in most places) call routing issues can happen to anyone with any provider but Ooma needs to know about it and have it fixed. Hopefully they'll have you call a diagnostic phone number and figure it out quickly.
#66043 by murphy
Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:13 am
If it still rings on her Verizon line then Verizon has not properly completed their side of the port.
#66047 by pinan
Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:18 am
Thanks for the reply guys. This morning it's working, so all is well in Ooma world.

Now if my Ooma outgoing CID would work.......(still Ooma or Murrieta CA)

I can dream, can't I? :D