Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64801 by marvrules
Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:55 am
I've had an Ooma Telo for about 3 months now. The first couple of months everything worked great. Now for the past few weeks at least once, sometimes twice or more a day, the logo on my Telo will be flashing red and my entire network will be down. I've tried different configs (Modem-->Telo-->Router) and (Modem-->Router-->Telo). Both configs have had the same result. I also changed the network setting on the Telo to use the built-in MAC address, but the network continues to drop. The only way I can get everything back up and running again is to power cycle the modem, router, and Telo. When I remove the Telo from the network everything runs fine and no issues occur. Please help!
#64836 by hpsan
Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:50 pm
Check your blacklist count. I was having the identical problem. Bobby B advised me that there is a bug (No. 9333) in their server that can cause this problem if the number of blacklist items is 170 or above. If you do have 170 or more, delete some items. If you can't get them to delete and/or get a message "Service Unavailable", you will need to have Customer Service delete them for you.
#64873 by marvrules
Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
I had added only a few numbers to my blacklist, less than 10, when I was in the trial of premiere and now I can no longer access the blacklist.

I don't believe my internet service is the problem. When I started having issues I disconnected the Telo for a few days and didn't have any problems. As soon as I reconnected the Telo later that day I had the flashing red Ooma logo and lost connection. I have TW Roadrunner with a Toshiba PCX2600 modem and a Netgear WNDR3700 Router.

The cordless phone I am using is running on a 1.9GHz frequency, however my Netgear router is running a 2.4 GHz b/g/n WLAN and it's close to the Telo. Could that be causing the issue? Would moving the Telo away from the router help that? I don't want to have to disable my wireless.

Thanks for your help!
#65299 by Dead_Cow
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm
This setup: Modem--> Router-->Telo certainly wouldn't make your internet go out because of the Telo. Sounds like you might have a modem issue. I don't think it's the router because of this setup: Modem-->Telo-->Router It would only make your internet go out if the router was bad. You would still have phone.
#65411 by DTMF
Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:06 am
Had one of these myself last night. I've never confirmed it, but I suspect the similar overnight disconnections I experience every couple of months coincide with firmware updates. (Modem -> Telo - Router here, so the disconnections kill Internet access for my entire LAN.) It's too bad the Telo can't be remotely instructed to power-cycle after a firmware update. Manually power-cycling always solves the problem for me.