Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70439 by stevepierce
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 am
Ooma, this problem is gettig worse. I am now finding local numbers that are not able to connect.

For example calling 734-484-xxxx does not complete. This is not using Google Voice, this is a direct dial from Ooma and the call will not complete.

The other end can hear me, I can't hear them and I they only thing I know is happening is the call stops ringing.

Ooma, this is a known problem, I have tried to re-open a ticket, others are seeing the same problem, this is important to get fixed.

The problem is not the ISP, it is not Google Voice Extensions, it is not the router, it isn't QoS. We ahve tried two different ISP, Cavalier and a T1 and Comcast 100Mb business class service. Used three different routers, have directly connect the Telo to the DSLAM and cable modem. Problem still exists

This is a known problem just look back at this thread or check existing tickets at Tier 2 support at Ooma. Tier 2 tickets start with a CS number. Not the number you get when you send an email to open a ticket.

Thanks!

- Steve
#70442 by ntoy
Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 am
stevepierce wrote:Ooma, this problem is gettig worse. I am now finding local numbers that are not able to connect.

For example calling 734-484-xxxx does not complete. This is not using Google Voice, this is a direct dial from Ooma and the call will not complete.

The other end can hear me, I can't hear them and I they only thing I know is happening is the call stops ringing.

Ooma, this is a known problem, I have tried to re-open a ticket, others are seeing the same problem, this is important to get fixed.

The problem is not the ISP, it is not Google Voice Extensions, it is not the router, it isn't QoS. We ahve tried two different ISP, Cavalier and a T1 and Comcast 100Mb business class service. Used three different routers, have directly connect the Telo to the DSLAM and cable modem. Problem still exists

This is a known problem just look back at this thread or check existing tickets at Tier 2 support at Ooma. Tier 2 tickets start with a CS number. Not the number you get when you send an email to open a ticket.

Thanks!

- Steve

Hello Steve,

Please send me a personal message on the case/ticket numbers. Is this happening on certain numbers or all?

Thx
#71403 by murky0933
Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 pm
I have the same problem that has been described over and over on this post. Outgoing calls from OOMA from Google Voice are not working. I hear a dial tone on the other end. The call is answered on the receiving end, they can hear me, I can not hear them.

I have been using the OOMA / Google Voice combination for 5 months without problem. Worked great. Two or three weeks ago this started. Not sure exact date, my wife first told me something was wrong.

When I use Cell phone thru Google voice everything works fine.

As numerous posters have already stated this appears to be a OOMA issue.

I have a OOMA behind a ATT 2wire modem / router. Same system I have had for months.
#71405 by lbmofo
Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:18 pm
I am sure this is not a system wide issue. I have a Hub and I just completed a 17+ minute GV call via GV history "call" using "home." I get a call from GV, then got connected to remote party. No issues.
If indeed this is an Ooma issue and not a GV issue, it maybe isolated to Ooma's carrier routing?
#71411 by STBXXL
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:03 pm
I do have the same problem. My Ooma number cannot be called back through Google Voice. The same is true when I try calling my Ooma number through Gmail Chat (GTalk). My Ooma phone is quiet and on GTalk I get endless ringing. :o

Update: When I tried this morning everything worked just fine. Calling directly my Ooma number from GTalk and using call back with GV worked. So perhaps it took a while to complete the number porting from at&t to Ooma (which only happened yesterday).