Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4153 by gogators!
Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:41 pm
After checking my voicemail message, the notification on my phone handset and base station remains as if it was not checked. You know, the voicemail (letter) icon on my phone will not go away after I have listened (and even deleted) to the voicemail. This never happen before with my previous provider, so I know the problem is unique to ooma,

Any suggestions?
#4217 by Dennis P
Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:56 pm
Can you post the make and model of your phone? I assume the Message Waiting Indication light (blinking play button) on the ooma box turns off correctly after you check your messages? Thanks.
#4307 by murphy
Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:39 am
I have never seen this problem on the phone line connected to the hub but it happens every time on the phone line connected to the scout. It happens in both directions. That is it doesn't turn on when it is supposed to, and once it is on, it doesn't turn off when it is supposed to. The phone involved is a Nortel 9417CW two line desk phone. The hub is connected to line 1 and the scout is connected to line 2. Phone number 2 is assigned to the scout. The scout is in another room and connected to the hub via the house wiring. There is no land line involved. When the indicator is in the out of sync state, simply taking the line connected to the scout off hook and then putting it back on hook results in the indicator going to the correct state. So far it's 100% repeatable. Throughout this sequence the message waiting light on the scout is correct.
#36937 by DGorvetzian
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 am
Murphy, did this problem get resolved? I just installed my Ooma Hub / Scout system, with two lines, and I'm having the exact same problem. The Message Indicator Light on two different Uniden cordless systems works perfectly when the systems are each connected to the Hub, but when they're connected to the Scout, the Message Indicator Light on both phone systems is incredibly flaky -- doesn't turn on when it should, and doesn't turn off when it should.

Any help out there? Phone support was useless.
#42153 by DGorvetzian
Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:10 am
FYI, another post on the forums indicates that this is a problem with the Scout's signaling. The person who wrote the post indicated that the signal length coming from the Scout is too short (man, I wish I had access to test gear like that) and thus the signaling is unreliable. Not sure if it's true, but I can confirm that signaling from my Hub is reliable. Moreover, I've since dumped my Hub & Scout (due to Scout call quality) in favor of two Hubs, and the Message Waiting Lights on all my phones now work reliably and as-expected.