Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4140 by spartan
Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:32 pm
Hi. Incoming calls are not ringing. I've called customer service twice and Comcast once, and can't get anywhere.

Checklist of what I've noticed:
1. straight to voice button is not red (activated).
2. blue ooma light is on.
3. I can make outgoing calls.
4. Incoming caller ID works, just no ring.
5. It has rang once or twice, but 90% of the time it does not.

Customer service said:
Call 1. We will reset something. It should take effect in a half hour.
Result: it still didn't work.
Call 2. Comcast needs to open 5 different ports. I called Comcast and they said they don't have a process to manually open ports, and would not close them unless you're an email spammer (I'm not).

HELP!!!
#4160 by murphy
Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 am
What is the REN number for the phone that you are using (It's on the phone's label).? Have you tried a different phone? Is the phone connected directly to the hub or is it being distributed through your house wiring?
#4162 by WayneDsr
Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:14 am
I would try a different phone. Make sure the phone is connected to PHONE on the hub and not wall. I did this once by accident. Also try a different phone wire. Preferably a new one.

AND.. If you have a Scout, plug the Scout into the hub using the WALL out on both (WALL hub to WALL Scout) and connect a phone to the phone side of the Scout as well. See if that phone rings.

Wayne
#4164 by murphy
Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 am
That phone has an on/off switch for the ringer. Make sure that the ringer is turned on.