Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#62657 by delcielo
Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:25 pm
My husband called me from the office today and left a message on our home phone. The message was clearly not him. It was a mixture of what seemed to be call center banter and a small child talking. Ooma noted that the call was from the correct number 831-459-XXX9.

My mother also said she received a strange message instead of our VM greeting on our home phone. Something like, "Huh, who's this? What?" and then the call was disconnected. She is 559-323-XXXX.

Any advice?
#62670 by cylooma
Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm
I just got my Telo installed over this past weekend. I had a similar experience when I was testing leaving voice mail messages on 8/17 around 7-7:30 PM Pacific Time. After I left a couple of test voice mail messages, twice the messages were some recording from a lady performing a survey about this upcoming November election, "How likely are you to vote this November, blah blah". I was like what the hell, what happened to the messages I left. After I checked the forum on that day, I figured it was because of the 8/17 outage. But it seems like some lines were crossed during that time. My voice messages were lost and got someone else's voice mail for some reason? I don't know, but it was really weird. But that issue hasn't happened since. Ooma voice mail is working fine now.