Why are my OOMA calls going to Google Voice?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
bimmerbill

Why are my OOMA calls going to Google Voice?

Post by bimmerbill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Help, I can't receive any phone calls, it appears the calls are routed directly to my Google Voice account.
I can't find any way to shut it off.

AzJazz

Re: Why are my OOMA calls going to Google Voice?

Post by AzJazz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi, bimmerbill!

I have a few questions:

1) Is your ooma number a ported number, or is it an ooma-assigned number?

2) Have you messed around with ooma Google Voice Extensions? (https://my.ooma.com/google_voice)

3) Do you have looked at this video (https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo ... arding.flv)?

AzJazz

bimmerbill

Post by bimmerbill » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 am

Help! OOMA is doing this again. Tech support fixed it last time, but it is doing it again.

This is a ported number that I had ported over from Vonage (and my telco previously) to OOMA. I've had it for 15 years or so.

I have basic service, and have not played with Google Voice extenstions.

I don't have access to the Forwarding tab anymore due to basic service.

My phone rings a few times, then the caller is connected to Google voicemail. They leave a message, and I get an email from Google with a voice transciption.

Is this a setting in Google voice? Or OOMA?

bimmerbill

Post by bimmerbill » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:38 am

Well, maybe this is a good thing. I can set my cell phone to use GV voicemail as well.

Any ideas on how to tell if I have a VM while at home? Or how to easily dial GV VM from the OOMA?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am

Hello,

We apologize for that. Currently there is an open bug in our system where Multiring is enabled on some accounts when you have basic service. I have manually disabled this for you. You can reboot your box when you have a moment.

nippyjun

Post by nippyjun » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 am

Just for curiosity, is your system set up that you have google voice forward all calls to your ooma number?

bimmerbill

Post by bimmerbill » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 am

Actually, I don't much use GV yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to integrate it into my daily life.

I think the issue was that I had set my GV number up as the number OOMA forwarded my calls to if OOMA service was down. But I lost the ability to access the Forwarding tab when my 6 month trial of Premiere expired.

It appears that my GV number is still in the settings somewhere, but I'm unable to access it and remove it.

@ntoy, thanks, I'll reboot when I get home tonight.

nippyjun

Post by nippyjun » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 am

I see. I decided to do the opposite and will give out my google voice number as my primary number to anyone that would call me and have that ring my cell and ooma.