Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4082 by jmassimilla
Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:48 pm
I wanted to convey my porting experience with Ooma. I submitted my LOA on 2/9 and received acknowledgment on 2/16. On 3/5, I received an email stating that my port would be completed the next day (today). This evening I received another email that the port was completed. I discovered that the port had been completed with absolutely no disruption in service whatsoever, my ported number was integrated into the lounge as my main number, and my outgoing caller ID displays both my number and my name. I'm mentioning this to serve as an encouragement to those who may have hit some bumps in the road with their experiences. Hang in there with these guys. I'm excited to be a part of the growing Ooma family. I think that this company is going to be there for the long haul and as they grow, the road will become smoother. I left Voicewing because they are being terminated as of the end of this month. I subscribed to another well known Voip service because I felt that they were big enough and were around long enough to offer good service and customer support. I left after a little over a month because I realized I was wrong. My experience thus far with Ooma has reinforced that. Thanks Ooma!
#4225 by Dennis P
Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Thanks for the kind words and I'm very happy to hear that your porting experience was trouble free. Our goal is to have all customers go through such a streamlined experience, but we also know that we have our customer service challenges today. There is a much higher degree of variability than we would like due to the tremendous growth we've experienced over the last few months. We're doing everything we can to catch up and get ahead of the growth curve and I want to thank everyone in advance for their patience.
#4314 by navarre
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 pm
WHAT A FREAKIN MIRACLE!

I submitted my LOA on 1/23/2009 and to date still do not have a confirmation date for porting.

So, I guess you got lucky.

A "Very Dissatisfied" ooma Customer
Since January 2009
#4322 by Orange
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:58 pm
I submitted my LOA by fax on Feb 26th and didn't hear anything back so I called today and rep was able to schedule my projected port date on March 24th.

I know you are upset but please give ooma a call, rep will try to help you.

Good Luck
#4323 by dlong
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:07 pm
Orange, why does navarre HAVE to call? Aren't these submissions qued? What makes someone more special that they must call?
#4328 by Orange
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:51 pm
I'm not saying that calling ooma makes anyone special.

It's upto navarre to be proactive or not since he hasn't received email or call from ooma about his porting reuest.

In my case it just made me crazy not knowing whats going on.
I didn't hear back from ooma within 5 business days after I sent in my LOA as ooma mentioned they will do, I did wait 11 days before I made my call to see what is happening with my request.

I was just wondering did my fax not go through for some reason or ooma needs additional documents before they can process my port since I didn't hear back from ooma within 5 business days.

I do think the porting process needs to be handled better to serve ooma customers and ooma is the one need to be proactive on following up with porting process.

I was just trying to help navarre with his situation.
Last edited by Orange on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#4329 by dlong
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 pm
Orange, I was hoping that we the customer do not have to call. I submitted my LOA 8 days ago. I have never been able to get through to ooma after many hours on hold. If I have to call about wether the ooma has received my LOA and is working on it, I'm liable to explode. I bought the Premier. BTW, my ooma is not working at this moment. EEK!
#4337 by koehn
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm
I too completed my port today, four weeks to the day after I submitted the paperwork. Everything went flawlessly, and I'm glad to be rid of the monthly phone bill. Thanks Ooma!