Can you forward Ooma to a Land Line Phone?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
stevegriswold

Can you forward Ooma to a Land Line Phone?

Post by stevegriswold » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I am trying hard to like ooma, but several times a week it hangs up on my clients. We have Ooma for our small business and I can't keep having it reboot or just hangup in the middle of calls.

So now I have an ooma number that I have printed and sent on all my ads, etc. The number can not be ported over to my local telephone company because it's not a local number.

Can I forward my ooma number to my land line telephone home number?

Steve

ajw522

Re: Can you forward Ooma to a Land Line Phone?

Post by ajw522 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Yes, you can have your Ooma calls forwarded to your landline using the Ooma Premier feature of Call Forwarding.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

oomg

Re: Can you forward Ooma to a Land Line Phone?

Post by oomg » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:29 am

I have a friend who I gave an Ooma system to last Christmas. She is a professional who had been forwarding her incoming calls over her AT&T line to a scheduling/support service located about 35-40 miles away (aka "long distance" in AT&T terms). It was costing her a bundle in phone charges each month. So, Ooma to the rescue; home phone on one line and second line used to forward incoming calls to scheduling service. But, for some reason call forwarding did not work all the time; some calls were just not getting connected to the answering service. So, we tried multi-ring and set her VM to about six rings (i.e. more rings to VM than specified by the scheduling service. Seems to have eliminated the missed calls. So, might give it a try.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.