Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#61718 by jblr
Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:48 pm
Hi,
I just purchased an Ooma Telo earlier today.
After setting it up, it seems to work great on outgoing calls.
However, I called my phone number from my cell phone, and it goes straight to the answering machine.
I'm not sure if this is because my number is still being ported right now or not.
I already filled out the online forms to port my previous number. However, after I finished filling it out and pressed "continue", it took me back to the main page where it still said that I had no subscriptions-even after I went I already submitted the form and presumably paid for the porting. I just went on assuming that it would take a while to process the porting request. Then, when I called my cell phone from my phone-that is hooked up to the Ooma device- it showed up as my home phone number. It is not currently plugged into my previous phone provider-also an Internet telephone service-so I was wondering if the porting already occurred. However, when I call my home phone-attached to Ooma- it goes straight to the answering machine. I was wondering how and why this is occurring. If my number has not been ported yet-or if the transaction even went through- then why are outgoing calls still coming from my home phone number? I'm very confused about this. Thanks so much for your time.