Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60852 by 5416469277
Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:45 am
I am a heavy traveler. I am wanting to see if there is a way that I can have the privacy options adjusted to register my name with a different phone number. Currently the system only permits you to enable or disable you identity. I am wanting my name to pass, but I would like to show either my cell phone number or just a number like (541) 000-0000. I know that this is currently not possible. If there is even a way to pick the call forwarding options only out of the premier package. I feel the premier package is a very good deal but, I personally do not have a need for all of these features.

Please let me know.
Heath
#60857 by bw1
Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 am
First of all, you may want to call customer service and have them change your forum username to something other than your phone number, since this is a public forum and especially since you're interested in privacy of your phone number. :)

If you use GVE, you can have outgoing caller id display your Google Voice number, but there is no way to do what you want and I doubt it would ever be possible. There may be other VoIP services that would allow something like that if you're using an Asterisk PBX. I think you have to be able to show that you own the number.

Premier is not available a la carte. You can get the full package for $120 per year ($10 per month) or just Enhanced Voicemail for $50 per year ($5 per month).

Even for just call forwarding, $10 per month is not bad.