Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60231 by jcandali
Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 am
I've had a Telo since January of this year. So far the service has been great except for one thing. When I make calls the CID info that shows up on the other end shows my phone number and the town that exchange is in instead of my name. How can I get it to show my name and number? I didn't have an old number ported I just took one of the numbers Ooma made available to me.

Thanks!
#60232 by murphy
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:12 am
That is the default way for cell phone numbers to work.
Most cell phones only have number CID.
Your number probably was originally used as a cell phone number.

You will have to call customer support but it is a hard problem to get fixed because CID name is not transmitted by the calling carrier (Ooma). It is looked up in a database by the phone company of the person that you called. There are several CID databases in the US. Ooma can publish an update but there is no way to make a database operator insert the update into his database.
#60251 by jcandali
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 am
I see. That's a bit disappointing. I'll try the customer service route though it's a bit disappointing that that's how things work in this day and age. It'd be nice if the big telco's would keep up.