Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#59792 by frankma
Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:05 pm
Hello,

I have my cell phone number as the multi ring number with Ooma. When I use that cell phone to call my ooma # there is no ring back from the cell phone. This has been going on for the last several weeks. It is very annoying to say the least and others have reported the same problem. See below. What is the fix for this? It is making me want to drop Ooma as no one seems interested in resolving it.

Link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8399&p=59677&hilit=multi+ring#p59677
#59796 by focuspuller
Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 pm
I also have multi-ring to my cell.

When I call home using the cell there is a long delay before it rings. I then can check my VM which picks up after 4 rings.

It must be the OOMA system trying to figure out what to do.

So just wait awhile when calling and it will ring.
#59803 by focuspuller
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 pm
I'm never home when I try. I always hear the ring after a delay on the cell phone.

So I just tried the cell to home number while home and it does ring the home phone.

The cell still has the delay before I hear it, but the home phone rings right away.
#59818 by WayneDsr
Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:25 am
frankma wrote:It never rings. I sit there and do it and all I hear is silence until the VM picks up.

Mine is the same as yours. There is no ringback at all. Ooma is working on it, but the forwarded phone is the only phone this affects, everyone else hears ringback.

Wayne
#59866 by frankma
Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Yes this is the problem exactly. It's been going on for weeks. It is quite annoying and I can't help but wonder why it's taking so long to resolve.

My cell phone is through Verizon. Is that relevant?

I wonder if this issue with any phone number that is being used as the forwarded number.

In any case, as I said....annoying.
#60014 by ntoy
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 am
We do understand your frustrations. We're just waiting for the fix to roll out into production.
Hopefully this will be soon.