Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#59632 by bw1
Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:33 pm
I have a Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato also and my Telo is connected behind the router. However, I always had the Hub connected in front of the router when I was using the Hub (different router at the time, though). I haven't had any issues with connection speed or call quality as a result of connecting behind the router. I am using the QOS built into Tomato.

I don't remember if I've switched over to a second call with call waiting. Seems like I must have and didn't experience any issue.

From my experience and reading other experiences here, the Hub has excellent QOS that is only active when a call is in progress. But a few have experienced a "slowed" internet connection with computer connected behind an Ooma device. I'm not sure if any specific cause has been determined. You may want to do some searching and reading on the forum to see if others found a resolution.

I was just suggesting that you could try to eliminate all other possible conflicts in your network by connecting your Ooma Hub directly to your cable modem with no other network gear or computers and see if you can reproduce the issue. If you can then perhaps it's a problem on Ooma's end or with one of their carrier partners and an Ooma engineer would need to look into it.

If you can't reproduce it, then maybe it's on your end with your network configuration.