Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72765 by Dennis P
Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:42 pm
The ports that we are used should not have changed. Try killing the app and starting again between each call you make to eliminate any type of backgrounding issues that may be affecting your tests. If you get a one-way audio call, please use the "support" option to send some debug information to us so we can try and debug the issue. Thanks.
#77185 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:54 pm
hogdoc wrote:********WARNING********

Some routers like mine have bugs in the firmware like the D-link dir-825 and DON'T support SIP sessions. I had to do a firmware upgrade (for the 3rd time) to get it to work (2.03NA). Now I am able to call but the called party can't hear me. Could be a port issue or still a bug. Any thoughts??

*******FIXED*****

The firmware upgrade made the wifi call connect but had to throttle back the firewall to a mid level restriction to make everything work so both parties can hear each other! Hope this helps other that may have issues :D

I just got a D-Link DIR-825 as well. With factory firmware (2.01NA), the Ooma app didn't work. Disabling SPI and messing with firewall settings didn't help either. Updated to latest firmware (2.05NA - part 1 first and then part 2); didn't have to do anything to firewall settings to make the Ooma app work.

Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.05NA
#78829 by vccat
Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:17 pm
I'm having this very same problem!!! I only get the "Request Timeout" message.
The "My Ooma" page works just fine as far as I can tell as well as every other iPhone app I use connect just fine over my WiFi (Including Skype)

I'm using the Internet sharing on my MacBook Pro to share it's hard wired Ethernet via WiFi.

I just upgraded to Ooma Premiere and purchased this Ooma Mobile HD iPhone app so I could finally try to make calls from work with the 250 min included with Premiere...

Very disappointed... :cry:
#79332 by vccat
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:19 pm
Ok, I have now tested this App on 4 different WiFi routers here at work on the Studio Back Lot and it refuses to connect on any of them. (All kinds too, Apple, Cisco, D-Link, etc.)
I know the app is set up correctly because it does connect just fine on my Home WiFi network. (Apple)

Now that I think of it, I have yet to get it working anyplace away from home! What the hack?
#79333 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:25 pm
How about a more public wifi such as starbucks, barnes & noble? I think firewall at work wifi could be the problem?
#79334 by vccat
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm
I have not had time to test away from work WiFI or home WiFi.

Perhaps there is some other firewall on the lot that I don't know of...
#79340 by ntoy
Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:43 pm
vccat wrote:I have not had time to test away from work WiFI or home WiFi.

Perhaps there is some other firewall on the lot that I don't know of...

Hello vccat,

Do I have permission to test your credentials? Please send me a personal message with the information including type of device your are using.

Thx
#79342 by vccat
Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello vccat,

Do I have permission to test your credentials? Please send me a personal message with the information including type of device your are using.

Thx

My Credentials? If your talking about my Ooma number and generated password, they work when on my home WiFi network.

I don't see any way to send a PM anyway.
#79371 by vccat
Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:26 am
Tested at a friends house last night and it connected in 2sec.
Is there some way to collect and send debug logs to try and figure out what is blocking it from connecting on the lot?

There must be some reason why Skype, Sipgate, Google voice in Gmail, Gizmo and even FaceTime video calls all work here but Ooma Mobile will not... :(

I guess at some point I should try to make a call as well from one of the location where it does connect.