Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#58395 by Austin Scott
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:45 pm
Power went out, and has since came back on. I have re-booted the Ooma Hub, the cable modem, the computer, all of it. Several different sequences. I have a Mac Pro. A new LinkSys Cable Modem, and the Original Ooma Hub (With Scout). Everything was working just Jake before the power outage. I actually got everything working again this morning, after the power went out again. Then the power went out YET again! And I have not been able to to get Ooma to work. :-( I am only online because I took Ooma out of the equation. Hooking the cable modem up directly to the Mac, and rebooting. Ooma instructions say the unit will work anywhere in the network, but that's crap. My Ooma, insist on being first, after the Cable Modem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
#58396 by murphy
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:55 pm
You MUST turn off the power to a cable modem when you change what is connected to it so it will forget the last MAC address that it memorized. Once it memorizes a MAC address it will block all different MAC addresses.
Turn off everything.
Turn on cable modem and wait until it syncs with your ISP.
Turn on Ooma and wait until it is online.
Turn on router.

If you haven't done it already, connect a computer to the Home port of Ooma.
Connect to http://setup.ooma.com
Select the Network page
Click the radio button to use the built in MAC address.
Click update.
Power up as indicated above once that is done.
#58411 by murphy
Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:58 pm
Austin Scott wrote:Yeesssssssssss!!!!! Success!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! :D

You're Welcome! :D