Ooma disables my internet

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
sean

Ooma disables my internet

Post by sean » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Comcast cable modem to Ooma (the newer one -- Telo, perhaps). Ooma to Airport Extreme. this system has worked just swell for the past 5 months or so, but yesterday my internet stopped working. i tried restarting the cable modem and unplugging it for a minute. still fail. so i called Comcast and they had me plug directly into my Mac and reset my cable modem. it worked. so i then tried with the Airport and it's now working, but when i switch back to > cable modem to Ooma & Ooma to Airport Extreme my Ooma turns red and the cable modem no longer shows the Internet lights working. i can uplug and got the Airport directly and everything is good again. I've tried unplugging the Ooma for 10 minutes along with the cable modem to no avail. Suggestions?

lbmofo

Re: Ooma disables my internet

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Power down everything and then power up the cable modem first and then let it get online, then power up the ooma? Have you tried that?
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:57 pm

Every time that you change what is plugged into a cable modem you must power cycle it to make it forget the last MAC address that it memorized. If it's the type of cable modem that has a backup battery, there will be a reset switch since powering it down doesn't turn it off.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

sean

Post by sean » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:53 pm

thanx guys. that worked.