Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#58179 by sean
Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:39 pm
Comcast cable modem to Ooma (the newer one -- Telo, perhaps). Ooma to Airport Extreme. this system has worked just swell for the past 5 months or so, but yesterday my internet stopped working. i tried restarting the cable modem and unplugging it for a minute. still fail. so i called Comcast and they had me plug directly into my Mac and reset my cable modem. it worked. so i then tried with the Airport and it's now working, but when i switch back to > cable modem to Ooma & Ooma to Airport Extreme my Ooma turns red and the cable modem no longer shows the Internet lights working. i can uplug and got the Airport directly and everything is good again. I've tried unplugging the Ooma for 10 minutes along with the cable modem to no avail. Suggestions?
#58180 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm
Power down everything and then power up the cable modem first and then let it get online, then power up the ooma? Have you tried that?
#58181 by murphy
Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:57 pm
Every time that you change what is plugged into a cable modem you must power cycle it to make it forget the last MAC address that it memorized. If it's the type of cable modem that has a backup battery, there will be a reset switch since powering it down doesn't turn it off.