Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#55534 by omshanti
Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 am
Hi,
I have been using Ooma basic service for about ten months now. About a month ago,
the outgoing caller-id stopped displaying to some people I call. Instead of the phone number,
it shows "unknown caller" on some friends' landline e.g. AT&T. No idea if this is a problem on
Ooma side or the other provider side. There has been no change in my Ooma settings.

Please let me know know if anybody else has seen this issue.

Thanks,
Raman
#56167 by gcmitch
Thu May 20, 2010 11:48 am
I have the exact same issue when calling AT&T landlines. If they have Privacy Manager or Anonymous Call Reject my calls will not go through. I have had OOMA for the last nine months without any of these issues. This is something new.
#56486 by ggd
Mon May 24, 2010 9:43 am
I'm having the exact same problem, with three different Ooma systems. When they call an AT&T Landline, no CallerID Number or Name is displayed (says "Out of area" on my CallerID display).

This used to work, at least the number was always displayed, name wasn't. But sometime around April 29th, it stopped working, so some some sort of system change occurred betwen Ooma and AT&T about that time. I would really like to see this fixed.

More interestingly, if any of these Ooma systems call an AT&T Cell phone, the callerID number is displayed, so Ooma is capable of sending it, and other parts of AT&T are capable of displaying it.

I called Ooma about this, and they were going to update the CallerID info for the line I called about in 7-10 days, but I'm afraid this is a much bigger system wide problem and not specific to any single Ooma phone number. I suspect that after the 7-10 days, nothing will change with this situation.
#58166 by brownies40
Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 am
I am new to ooma and have this problem. So far it is only AT&T numbers with Privacy Manager. When I call AT&T plays a recorded message that I have two options, enter a code to bypass the Privacy Manager, or 2, announce my name (which it records) and then after about a minute it puts me through. Every other call I make my caller ID comes through fine.