Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#54814 by quebert
Wed May 05, 2010 10:08 am
I was very interested in the Telo/Telo Handset when it was announced, I still think I'm going to jump on the Telo soon but the handset isn't getting good reviews from most people so I'm going to stay away from it. I currently have the Verizon Dect 6.0 phones with the color screens. I don't hate them, but I'm not a huge fan of some of the crap they do and don't do. What I'd like is a good quality build, don't care about 5.8ghz or Dect 6.0 but I want Bluetooth. I don't need half a dozen extra handsets either. Siemens has a few really interesting looking Gigaset phones but they only seem to have 1 of the models in the US and it lacks Bluetooth. I know home phones are a dying breed for anything cutting edge but I'm still hoping to find something that's newer and has a good feature set.

$150 is my upper limit for spending.
#54835 by tommies
Wed May 05, 2010 4:15 pm
Costco (in store) has a V-tech 4 handset cordless Dect. 6.0 phone with Bluetooth with $20 instant rebate. I could not remember the price, maybe $80 after rebate.
#54887 by PTS
Thu May 06, 2010 11:33 am
We've had good experience with these phones purchased in February 2010 which are expandable:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P8 ... ss_product
#54956 by feartheturtle
Fri May 07, 2010 11:02 am
We've had a Panasonic Model KX-TH1212B for about 8 months now (see link below). It gets mixed reviews at Amazon, but it has worked fairly well for us. There are a lot of complaints about dropped calls, but we have only had one or two; and its hard to know whether it was the cell line, the dect 6.0 or the Ooma that created the drop. You can connect two cell phones plus run a line to your Ooma (or to a wall port as we do - all our wall ports are fed by our Ooma hub). Right now Amazon has it for $30 less than we paid. It does not have an answering machine.

Panasonic-at-Amazon