Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#54490 by Ein
Sun May 02, 2010 1:43 am
Adding a virtual number to use with GV free?

Does it also means my access to GVE stops, once my Premier trial ends?
#54523 by Groundhound
Sun May 02, 2010 9:09 am
Ein wrote:Adding a virtual number to use with GV free?

Does it also means my access to GVE stops, once my Premier trial ends?

Premier includes a second number, either a GV virtual number or stand-alone number. Once you are no longer a Premier customer additional numbers are extra. The rates page used to include a cost of extra numbers ($4.95/month, IIRC), but it's not currently listed so I'm not sure what the significance is for that: http://www.ooma.com/legal/rates
#54534 by bw1
Sun May 02, 2010 11:39 am
I don't think you can get a virtual number without Premier anymore.

And yes, you have to have Premier for GVE.
#54613 by Ein
Sun May 02, 2010 10:07 pm
Right now I have Premier trial. I find it a little odd that it allows me to get a virtual number for GVE ( I didn't actually go through the adding virtual number process), but not the International calling bundle.
#54616 by murphy
Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 am
The free trial of Premier has always allowed acquiring a second phone number. Otherwise you don't get a full trial of Premier. If you don't subscribe to Premier, the number goes away at the end of the trial. It used to be that you had to opt-in to Premier. Now you have to opt-out of Premier if you don't want it.
#54639 by murphy
Mon May 03, 2010 9:51 am
Nostromo wrote:How much was your lifetime premier service?

$349.99 (approximately 3.5 times the then Annual Premier price of $99.99)
The option expired 12/31/2009.
It's no longer available.
#54774 by Ein
Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 pm
murphy wrote:The free trial of Premier has always allowed acquiring a second phone number. Otherwise you don't get a full trial of Premier. If you don't subscribe to Premier, the number goes away at the end of the trial. It used to be that you had to opt-in to Premier. Now you have to opt-out of Premier if you don't want it.

Thanks for clearing up.
#54778 by quebert
Tue May 04, 2010 11:06 pm
murphy wrote:The free trial of Premier has always allowed acquiring a second phone number. Otherwise you don't get a full trial of Premier. If you don't subscribe to Premier, the number goes away at the end of the trial. It used to be that you had to opt-in to Premier. Now you have to opt-out of Premier if you don't want it.

Not sure if this is normal, but I've had Ooma for almost a year now, I didn't sign up for Premier until today, I did set up a 2nd # when I had the free Premier trial last year. I was pleasantly surprised after my Premier kicked back in today the same 2nd number I had when I first set up my Ooma was still there.