Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#54244 by jjooma
Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:24 am
I've been experiencing more frequent issues with my Scout not working recently. The behavior varies -- sometimes the ooma tab is flashing red while other times the bottom row of buttons are solid red -- but when I check my Hub it's always solid blue. There's only one phone line in the house (disconnected) and the Scout used to stay solid blue all the time so I'm not sure why it's been acting up lately. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John
#54387 by echien
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:32 pm
I have the same problem. It sometimes work fine and sometimes with 4 solid red at the bottom of the scout. Any solution?
#54497 by jjooma
Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 am
I haven't been able to get it to work all week. It's currently displaying the bottom row of buttons as solid red. I've power cycled both the Scout and the Hub, and I've disconnected/reconnected the phoneline on both ends, but nothing makes any difference.
#54504 by murphy
Sun May 02, 2010 6:20 am
Sit the hub and scout side by side and connect their wall ports together.
If it works in this configuration, you have building wiring problems.
#54599 by jjooma
Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm
Thanks for that suggestion, Murphy. I did as you suggested and the Scout showed a blue ooma tab, so the problem must be with my wiring. At least I've narrowed down the source of the problem. Now I just have to figure out how to fix the wiring...
#54634 by feartheturtle
Mon May 03, 2010 9:12 am
There is another simple check you can do. Our scout misbehaved badly some time ago due to "sticky keys." I'm not sure which key was at fault, but pressing and releasing all the keys on our scout cleared the problem.
#54642 by hpepper
Mon May 03, 2010 10:28 am
jjooma wrote:Thanks for that suggestion, Murphy. I did as you suggested and the Scout showed a blue ooma tab, so the problem must be with my wiring. At least I've narrowed down the source of the problem. Now I just have to figure out how to fix the wiring...

I suggest setting up the Hub and Scout in a direct wire setup. All it takes is one pair of unused wires in the house (assuming those are OK) You would need to use a splitter that splits out the second pair - one on each end and also make sure nothing else is using the second pair. Also make sure the second pair is disconnected at the demarcation box outside.