Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#3372 by nefoma
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm
I received an email saying that I could enable 10 digit dialing and disable the ooma Connection Tone.

I went to the portal for both of my lines and tried to enable 10 digit dialing and disable ooma Connection Tone. When you click the submit button nothing happens. I tried this several times, moreover, neither of these features is working.

Thanks
#3373 by murphy
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:28 pm
It doesn't work with Firefox. You have to use Internet Explorer.

Both work fine for me. It's not the tone that you get when you go off hook that is changed. It's the tone that happens when the called phone is answered.
#3394 by nefoma
Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:05 pm
I tried it with Safari and got the same results as with FF (nothing happened).

So, finally, I caved in and tried it with IE and that worked. But due to other users saying it worked in Firefox and Safari I decided to investigate further and I tried it with Firefox 3 on my Visa laptop and it worked. Next I tried it with Safari on the same machine and that also worked.

So it may be an XP issue?
#3400 by Dennis P
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:51 am
For those who are reporting that their browser is not working, could you please check if the problem is just isolated to the "system preferences" page, or if other preference pages are also not saving your changes? It would also be helpful if you could note whether it used to work for you in that browser (before today's upgrade).
#3401 by jmassimilla
Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 am
I am using a laptop with Firefox 3.0.6 and Vista 32 bit. I logged on this morning and all settings, system preferences included, are right where I set them. Up until a few days ago, I was using Internet explorer and I have never had a problem, except for the lounge page being somewhat slow to load.