Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52483 by sgspeed
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 am
Since I have had OOMA, which I got for faxes only, I cannot receive faxes. I have tried just about everything. I have a brother 7820n
#52487 by highq
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:01 am
Would it be too much trouble for you to spell out what you mean by "just about everything"?

We cannot guess what is included in that phrase, nor can we discern what step(s) you skipped
which would have let you amend "just about everything" to just plain "everything'.
:cool:
#52527 by Davesworld
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 pm
Really, if you only wanted fax, a FOIP (Fax Over IP) provider would have suited you better. Sure the g.711 codec makes faxing possible but still not completely predictable and it gets worse on long faxes. The t.38 codec is a fax codec just for one purpose. Sadly, few VOIP providers support t.38 and instead offer g.711 and detuning your fax rate on the fax device as their workable method. I would really hate to have to fax below 14400 baud to get it to even work.

At least twice a year I must fax or mail a 5 page medical document to someone. I'd be apprehensive trying it over a non t.38 supporting VOIP provider. At work our fax is purely t.38 and it works very predictably at 14400 baud.