Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#49914 by col
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:06 pm
I am a new user and I am porting my number, but my question that I don't find an answer to on this forum is what happens if my Telo unit fails? If a year from now or longer my Telo unit fails, will not reset, is dead and inoperative, what do I do? Buy another and port the number? Get a replacement at a reasonable price from Ooma? Just how do I proceed since at some point (as I enjoy your product) this might happen and I will need to enable a new replacement without disrupting service for weeks?
#49916 by ntoy
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Hello,

There is an optional extended warranty we offer for $39.99. As long as it is purchased within the first year from date of purchase on your Ooma, you would be covered a total of 2 years(based on date of purchasing your Ooma device)
#50146 by col
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 am
How does the warranty work? Do I need to send the unit somewhere for repair? If it takes awhile for repair will I be without phone service during that period (no loaner, exchange, etc)? What is the turn around period for repair, if so? I'm hoping it is like cable modems an you exchange the unit for another. And, just for information from anyone, how long should a Telo be expected to last?

When a unit is replaced, how is reinstallation handled to keep your same account?