Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#48186 by ilopata1
Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 pm
I understand that with the integrated landline configuration, outbound long distance calls are made over VOIP, while outbound local, toll free and 911 calls are placed over the landline. (Please correct me if I am mistaken)

Could someone please let me know more specifically what constitutes a 'local' call as far as this OOMA routing algorithm is concerned? Is it based on area code (we have overlapping area codes in my location), or is it based on a Bands A/B/C?

If I go with an integrated landline configuration --- I do understand the disadvantages, so no need to reiterate them here --- I want to make sure that my service plan matches up with the algorithm. That is, if I pick a landline plan that does not include Band C calls, can I be confident that OOMA will be directing these calls over VOIP?

Thanks in advance
#48192 by amoney
Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:45 pm
Which Ooma box do you have, there is currently a issue with Telo, see thread...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6533&p=46536

Another way to word your question is what constitutes a long distance call, additionally what about toll numbers?

I would assume local calls would be inclusive of your local calling area, anything outside of that such as other toll numbers or further out would be long distance, logically but someone else will need to chime in to verify.