Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#2795 by pmensonides
Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:22 pm
My current setup is Ooma Hub with no landline plus one Scout. The Hub is in the bedroom and has my fax machine connected to it. The Scout is in the kitchen and has my cordless phone attached to it. My free trial of Ooma Premier just expired a couple days ago, and presumably the Instant Second Line feature (along with the second phone number I have set up) expired with it.

However, when on a call and a second call comes in, the Call Waiting tone sounds on my phone (which it should), but the Instant Second Line feature kicks in and rings my fax machine (while the "2" button on both the Ooma Hub and Scout blinks red). When I press the flash button on the phone, the call does not switch over to the second call. I really wish it would. Currently, the only way I can switch over to the second call is by pressing the "2" button on the Scout to which the phone is connected.

Also, I tested to see if my second phone number is still active and still has a distinctive ring. Sure enough, it is and it does. Isn't that a feature of Ooma Premier only, and shouldn't that have gone away when my free trial expired?
#3522 by pmensonides
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 pm
Well, now my Instant Second Line and is gone. But I am still unable to switch over to a call-waiting call by pressing the "Flash" key on my phone. Any way I can have this made to work?
#3589 by Dennis P
Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
What type of phone do you have? Does it have a way to set the "flash-hook" time? Some phones have it configured too short. Also, you should be able to simulate a flash by hitting off, waiting about half a second, and then talk again (on a cordless phone). If you can't simulate it, then there may be a different problem.
#3598 by pmensonides
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm
Dennis, thanks for your timely response. I'm using a GE Cordless phone, model 21025GE2-A. I haven't found any way to program the "flash-hook" time, and I'm not sure if it is even programmable. I can tell you that, before I switched to ooma, the flash worked just fine on the landline for the call-waiting function.

Also, the phone manual specifically states that using the off button (or in my case, the "Talk" button) in place of the flash button will cause you to hang up on the original call. I verified this as well.

I had previously posted a call-waiting problem having to do with the virtual 2nd line that was solved temporarily by ooma support configuring a flash "pass-through." Might that be an issue now?
#3608 by Dennis P
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:20 pm
Oh, good call. Yes, that would do it. Either the ooma box is intercepting the flash to switch you between the first and second line, or it is passing it through to the landline. Since we had previously set it through to pass-through, that would explain why it doesn't work for you. I'll go ahead and request someone to reset that parameter and you should be good to go. Pretty soon you'll be able to set that directly from the ooma Lounge.
#9574 by jerrygerard
Wed May 13, 2009 7:43 am
I was manually switched to "pass-through mode" while I was waiting for my port to complete. Now that it has, I need to revert back to the other mode.

Can you help, Dennis? BTW, I could've sworn I saw a checkbox for this in the lounge yesterday, but now it's gone.

Thanks!