Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#47344 by jross
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 am
When I call out, the caller ID on the receiving phone is not my number. Any reason why? How do I fix it?
#47366 by amoney
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm
Call Ooma, if its a new Ooma number that your not attached to, I would recommend Ooma exchange the number for another new number. If you starts telling you wait 10+ days for the system to work it out, that is not good.
#47515 by jross
Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 pm
I called this morning, and the girl told me to power cycle the Ooma, which I did. The number that shows up on caller ID is the alternate number for my Ooma. She said the power cycle would fix it. It didn't.

I called back this afternoon, and was told that a plane crash made it impossible to open a trouble ticket. Their computers were down. Oddly enough, he was able to look up my account on his computer?

So, he suggested that I hit ** something or other each time I wanted the correct caller ID to show up on outgoing calls. I suggested that this was not a fix, and asked him to hand write a trouble ticket, using pen or pencil and paper, and enter it into the computer whenever his system came back up. He said he was off for the next 2 days so that wouldn't work.

For a tech company, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired...