Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#46639 by NatK
Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:03 pm
The ooma is successfully installed as a telephone; but I want to use it exclusively as a fax line. That is not working well either incoming or outgoing. Ooma says:
"you can enable "Fax Mode" on the Preferences->System page in My Ooma. This enables Ooma to run in an optimized mode for faxing. ...your calls are sent and received using a different audio codec."

That would be fine, but I cannot find "Fax Mode" on the Preferences->System page. Does anyone know anything about this?
#46642 by murphy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 pm
It was moved.

Go to the Phone numbers page and click on the phone number.
#46686 by murphy
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:11 am
4156261219 wrote:Thanks. I found it and checked "Fax Enable" but it still will not work properly. Any other suggestions?

Set the fax machine to use 9600 baud only.
Disable ECM (Error Correction Mode).

Ask a moderator to change your forum user ID. You have made your phone number available to the entire internet because the search providers (Google etc.) scan the forum on a regular basis.
#46709 by jdorin
Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 am
I, too, have these problems when trying to send a FAX. I'd like to try the BAUD and ECM suggs, but I'm not using a physical FAX machine. My "FAX machine" is a Macintosh iMAC computer, and I don't know how to invoke those settings on it.

I'm beyond Apple's willingness to respond to Support queries with this machine (it's age is past Apple's willingness to support :( ), so I've posted the query in Apple's forums .. and waiting for a reply.

Until someone contributes a useful reply in Apple's forums, do you, or anyone, know how to make those changes to an iMac computer :?:

I'll post the answer here if a useful reply does show up in Apple's forums.