Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#46197 by mxnerd
Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 pm
My home phone porting is supposed to be completed today according to previous Ooma email

You've recently requested your phone number to be ported to Ooma. The expected completion date of your request is scheduled for 2/9/10.

I have Charter internet & DSLExtreme and I put Ooma on DSLExtreme's DSL service. Temporary Ooma phone is good for incoming and outgoing for several days now, with one phone system plugged in.

The porting seems half way done, however.

My Charter Telephone's modem is powered on and Tel1 LED is on too and with another phone plugged in.
Sometimes it will go through, but seems only Google Voice VOIP calls. All regular landline or cellular caller will receive message saying that "The subscriber you dial is not in service." I can still make outgoing calls, though.

I have called Ooma 4-5 times today and still not getting a confirmation what's going on. All I get is "If you received an email telling you the completion is done and you can reboot your Ooma, then the porting is complete." I haven't received an email yet.

So what exactly is the situation here? It's been a day since early morning and I really don't know how much longer I have to wait. Do I have to call Charter? Does Charter pull the plug too early (but I still can make calls)or it's Ooma who hasn't finish its job?

Can someone at Ooma give an answer?
Last edited by mxnerd on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#46204 by amoney
Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 pm
For me it took about 3 hours, others as short as 1 hour, I just saw someone that mentioned it took ALL day.

I received email confirmation of the completion even a voice mail. I did not have to reboot but other people have had to.

I say reboot.