Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#45272 by murphy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 pm
You need to provide a whole lot more information than that if you want an intelligent answer.
#45309 by GWM
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 pm
I can't call certain local #'s. I have not had my problem solved 4 quite some time here & now I am having calls I place being DROPPED. I was told that One Communications is the Telo service provider. If that is the case, shudn't all of the questions regarding problems have to go thru THEM instead of CS at Ooma?
#45312 by southsound
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:18 pm
GWM wrote:I can't call certain local #'s. I have not had my problem solved 4 quite some time here & now I am having calls I place being DROPPED. I was told that One Communications is the Telo service provider. If that is the case, shudn't all of the questions regarding problems have to go thru THEM instead of CS at Ooma?

Not really. ooma uses many local carriers as "partners" in completing the call - but they would not respond to a call from an ooma customer. Best is to keep a log of the problem numbers - ones not completed, ones dropped, ones where call quality was bad. Date and time is really crucial. Note if outgoing or incoming. Then call ooma support with the log and let them do some checks in their own logs. It may require escalating to a higher level (the cs person can do this for you) but ooma is great at getting things working properly once they know what is going on. Your logs will be the critical piece in resolution.
#45355 by amoney
Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm
GWM wrote:Speed is NOT an issue. I have RoadRunner. 25.45Mbs 0.95Mbs.

GWM wrote:I called CS & WHILE he was on the phone, the call DROPPED. He ALSO had the SAME problem with the #'s I gave him to chk!

Thats very impressive, but unless you actually verified/checked for issues, thats means bull crap, you want help???? That response is not helping us help you.

You started this thread asking...

Can One Communications be the REAL problem we r having here? That is our service provider, right?

How do we know who you have??? Clue, its the name on the bill you pay for your internet access.
#45391 by GWM
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 pm
I had BOTH the RR & Telo CS on the phone. The RR guy asked me who my phone service provider was. The Telo guy said One Communications! RR chked things & BLATANTLY said u r FASTER than NORMAL! Gee, I ALREADY KNEW THAT! When the Telo CS guy said One Communication was OUR service provider, that got me to thinking why aren't we calling THEM 4 ALL of our problems?