Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44809 by dpierce
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:13 am
(This topic was moved from another thread)

I hate to be still talking about Telo handset thing, but here I am once more with handset issues. I own three Telo HD handsets. All three have all been replaced and I'm still having power issues with one of them. The other two seem to be functioning power wise anyway.

The handset problem...
I get a call, all phones in the house ring except one... My office placed Telo handset. I go over to it after taking the call and find it of course on it cradle but see no blue light. The phone is totally dead (drained of power). I remove it and place it back on the cradle and I see the blue LED come back on and the phones screen light up briefly while it searches for a connection to the Telo base. The battery indicator animation begins and we are on our way again to a fresh new charge. Marvelous.

The issue is still there waiting for me to walk away and stupidly trust it again. It will charge and I can use it in a few hours when it’s had a proper charge. But I can't rely on the thing because an hour, a day, a few days, whatever, it will do the same thing again and be dead as a door nail till I reseat it. I’m always carful to place the handsets properly after each call and this seems to be the only one having the problem. All my handsets are on software version 33190. This is the replacement handset so I’m going to try some steps to try and eliminate potential things while waiting for support to offer any (support that is). I don't know If it's the power cable, the base, the phone itself, or the battery, but this is getting very, very old. I've got an open ticket but second level support takes weeks to call people back if at all.

What I’m trying…

1) I will first switch around the handsets from one base to another to see if it then develops this power draining problem. If so, it might be the power cable or cradle.
Last edited by dpierce on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
#44810 by dpierce
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 am
Okay, I guess I should tell others in the house that I meant to switch phones to different bases because someone "did me a favor" and returned them to their original bases. I went to my office to pick up a call coming in today and found the handset there dead as a doornail again. I thought oh great, it's got to be the base or cable.... that was till I found it was the same phone on the same base. Arighty then. I'll start this little test again. This time I'm letting everyone know I switch them on purpose.

Office phone to the bedroom base and bedroom phone to the office base. just to be clear... the dead office handset starts charging again after setting down on either base. It goes dead at some point with the battery depleted of all charge. Testing to see if it's the base or handset itself.
#44999 by fastlane01
Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm
I had the same issue with one, replaced it and having similar trouble. However, I did switch bases.

Still testing to make 100% sure before trading out again. Two work and the new seemed ok until today (4 days in and it started showing the trouble)
#45159 by oldanbo
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:10 pm
dpierce wrote:(This topic was moved from another thread)

What I’m trying…

1) I will first switch around the handsets from one base to another to see if it then develops this power draining problem. If so, it might be the power cable or cradle.

I think that there is a link between handset and base, not sure. But if you do this be sure to do a factory reset to handset and re- register handset to Telo. Oh yes, I would repeat procedure for all Telo handsets and bases involved in this change. Just a thought.
#45194 by dpierce
Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 am
**Status Update**

I got up this morning, glanced over to the handset, saw it was still on and thought "great!" another day without error...That was till I tried to use it.

The current date and time is Feb 4th @ 9:47am and the time on the handset is stuck at Feb 3rd 3:33pm. The handset is unresponsive to all commands. Unplugging the battery will be necessary. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery it came back up okay but the battery is registering 25 percent, but seems to charge fine upon placing it back in its cradle.

I took the handset up to my office to record my findings here....then I needed to make a call.

The office handset also has issues today and went dead as soon as I lifted it off its base. The screen had looked fine before removing it and the battery read fully charged. The handset is totally dead. This time it happen as I took it off the base but the same base had done this to the other handset that Id moved to the bedroom and originally had the problem with this morning.

So now I'm left wondering if this is both a base AND a handset thing. With all this uncertainty, one this is painfully clear; These are possibly the worst phones I've ever.

...8 days and support has still not called back after telling me they would record the problem I'm having for a 2nd level agent who would call me back.
Last edited by dpierce on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
#45196 by dpierce
Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:04 am
oldanbo wrote:
dpierce wrote:(This topic was moved from another thread)
I think that there is a link between handset and base, not sure. But if you do this be sure to do a factory reset to handset and re- register handset to Telo. Oh yes, I would repeat procedure for all Telo handsets and bases involved in this change. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a go since I have two handset issues today.
#45295 by alancommike
Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm
I just had a similar thing happen today. I went to start a thread and saw this one.

I have a single Telo Handset. It's gone dead before, but I didn't pay much attention. Picked up my Handset this morning to make a call and it was dead again. I made a call last night and had a full battery charge. I've also run into the case where a battery pull was needed to bring the Handset back to life.

I'm thinking there's some cases where the handset doesn't fully disconnect and drains the battery in a few hours.

...alan
#45311 by wildmark1
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:10 pm
I just got my headseat yesterday and today I made 2 short calls and now the battery is low like it was not charged. It was on the charger for over 24 hours. I have a Uniden DECT 6.0 connected to the Telo and they last the whole day. Any ideas?
#45356 by amoney
Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:04 pm
My Panasonic lasts a whole week.

Curious, what kind of batteries are in these Telo handsets, should not make a difference as my older NiCad handsets also lasted a while.