Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#43641 by loveitch
Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 am
if i dissconect the green box outside will that dissconect my dsl?
Yes it will.
You need to do some rewiring in the house so that the DSL signal only goes to your DSL modem and not to any of the other jacks in the house
#43648 by southsound
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 am
I think you may have great intentions but your warning is not totally correct.

If you are not planning on using your house wiring to power corded or additional cordless base stations, then no rewiring is required. You can plug a multiple handset cordless base into either the hub or Telo and have as many phones as that system supports. I have a Uniden DECT 6.0 5-handset system plugged into both my hub and my Telo. No house wiring connection required. If you have the Telo, it also has its own built-in DECT base station that can serve as many as 4 Telo handsets. The only time you need to be concerned about DSL on your house wiring is if you are using the house wiring to connect additional phones or (on the hub) a scout.
#43955 by rocketman1622
Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm
I'm kind of confused here. I have dsl and at&t phone service. I am waiting to get my number ported before I disconnect at&t service but I am going to dry loop the line for dsl. Do I need to do anything special once I get rid of at&t?