Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42832 by EDog
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:05 pm
I have a PC connected to the home port on my Ooma Telo running Beyond TV Link, and I would like to manage the times of day it is allowable for the Telo to reboot. I presume Ooma updates can require a reboot of my Telo, which could be catastrophic if my wife is watching the last few minutes of American Idol and the Telo decides it's time to reboot.

Are there any rules governing when Telo reboots?
#43242 by EDog
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:29 pm
I may have incorrectly assumed the following two points:
1. Telo may reboot when it receives an update.
2. When Telo reboots, the ethernet ports become disconnected during the boot process.

I noticed today at lunch my Telo was doing something as the Ooma logo was flashing red. I was watching TV with no problems (via my PC connected to the Telo Home port) while this was occurring, indicating the network connection through the Telo was still intact. The Ooma logo returned to a solid blue shortly with no disruption to the network. About a minute later, I noticed the logo was flashing red again, still no disruption in the network connection -- TV show was working fine. I had to leave, but when I returned this evening, the Ooma logo was a solid blue and everything is fine.

I guess I'll wait 'till I actually have a problem before assuming I've got one.
#43301 by murphy
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 am
There are two (at least) kinds of updates. Updates to the firmware in the ooma box and updates to the software running on the ooma servers. It appears that a server update went bad yesterday.