Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42526 by dadinthecity
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:26 am
I have a couple more days on my free premier. I elected the seeting in my ooma to have voice mail messages forwarded to my cell phone. When it comes to my cell, it rings and shows 1111111111 as the callers number, but there seems to be no way to answer this. I don't use mobile e-mail or texting and I have AT&T. Is this because I have these features turned off?
For others who receive these .wav files successfully, do they come up as a charge on your cell phone bill? :?:
#42529 by bw1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:35 am
FYI, it's an mp3 file that's sent not .wav.

Also, Ooma only sends the voicemail attachments through email, it's not forwarded to your cell phone number.

You can also have a notification of a new voicemail sent to text or email.

I don't know how you set it up or how AT&T is handling it, but I've read that others can get their attachments through the email functionality of their cell phone.
#42532 by dadinthecity
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 am
Ok, thanks for responding.
Maybe it's just a notification that I am getting that I have a new voicemail message waiting on the server and/or in e-mail since I don't use mobile e-mail. Either way, I can just call my ooma number and press * to get my voicemail from my cell.