Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#41879 by oraymus
Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 am
I have read the forums for info on using Ooma for faxing. I see that it has been hit and miss with some. As a 3 year user of VOIP through Vonage, I've never had a problem faxing through their system. I'm hoping that I will have the same luck with Ooma. I have yet to use Ooma (waiting for porting of old number). I do not fax that often but like the convienience of having that ability when I need it.

My rickity old fax machine has no ink paper and is ready for the trash heap. What little faxing I do, I am considering purchasing a desktop fax program that utilizes the fax modem on my computer. I used to use Microsoft Fax but they took it away when they came out with Vista. :x I'm looking at software from Essential Fax. It sells for $19.95, a lot less than buying a new fax machine. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on using Ooma with a fax modem and desktop faxing software?

#42394 by southsound
Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:21 pm
So just out of curiosity, how long did it take to fax the cat using *99 and how did the received cat turn out? I think I saw this once in the movie, The Prestige.
#42492 by oomg
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 pm
I use the OneSuite efax system. As little as $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming to one email address. If you think you need more, go for their $2.95 per month deal. Unlimited incoming faxes to as many as 5 email addresses, plus outgoing at 2.5 cents per page. Upon delivery of the fax, a copy with delivery confirmation is returned to your designated emal. You will need a scanner as outgoing copies use a pdf file to attach to the cover page. Very easy to use, and inexpensive as well.

See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp
#55263 by deputyjrp55
Tue May 11, 2010 5:58 am
Ok, I am tyring to use windows fax and scan, but when I click on "New Fax" button, I get a pop up...
Choose a fax modem or server...

How do I do the set up? I use my HPPhotosmart 2610 all in one printer for faxing...

Thanks