Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#41191 by PaulB
Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:52 pm
My saga continues. I still am unable to get into the setup screen - at least from other computers on my LAN.

I plugged my laptop into the Home port on the Ooma Telo using an ethernet cable. I am now able to get to the setup, but want to be able to do that from other computers on the LAN. Then I changed the port forwarding like the example in the previous post by tommies. Then I tried without the laptop connected to get in, but no-go. Any ideas?
I can post my setup screens if that will help (using laptop connected to Ooma). Not that it should matter now, but all my other computers have static IP addresses and are of the type: 192.168.1.xxx and my router is 192.168.1.1.
#41220 by bw1
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:38 pm
If your Telo is behind your router and you've set the port forward rule to forward port 80 type TCP to IP 172.27.35.1, then you should be able to access the setup page by entering the IP address assigned to the Telo by your router into a web browser from another computer.
Such as http://192.168.1.105
#41226 by PaulB
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:18 pm
I know the thread is long, but my setup is that I have the Ooma Telo connected to one of my LAN ports on my router, with no cable connected to the home port on the Ooma. My computers need to have a static IP address and I have tried to forward ports on my router and also on my Ooma device (using my laptop temporarily connected to the home port on the Telo), but I have yet to connect to the setup screen (without the laptop connected).
#41230 by bw1
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:31 pm
Look at your advanced settings and setup port forwarding and then go to status page and use the assigned IP to connect.
Like this:
Attachments
ooma setup advanced.png
ooma setup advanced.png (65.04 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
ooma setup status.png
ooma setup status.png (40.36 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
#41364 by snowday77
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:09 pm
I just got my ooma a week ago. Every things it seems like it's working great, but I noticed that the outgoing caller ID didn't show up on the reciever's caller ID. I have tried to reset everything but had no luck. Please help me. Thank you!
#41372 by murphy
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm
snowday77 wrote:I just got my ooma a week ago. Every things it seems like it's working great, but I noticed that the outgoing caller ID didn't show up on the reciever's caller ID. I have tried to reset everything but had no luck. Please help me. Thank you!

It can take 10 business days for your caller ID info to propagate to all of the CID databases in the country.