Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#40222 by tesla2
Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 am
Yesterday, I returned my Telo to Amazon. I got tired of waiting for multi-handset support and did not want to miss out on the return "window" with Amazon. I had already opted out of Premiere service and the "free trial" of premiere ends today. I did not port any numbers or initiate number porting.

Can I just return the Telo to Amazon or do I need to notify Ooma that I am cancelling service.? Is there a way to "deactivate" the Telo?

Perhaps in the future when there are happy campers using multiple Ooma handsets, I'll give this a shot again.
#40224 by The Talker
Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 am
I am in the middle of this very thing but I bought another Telo through another supplier offering a better bundle package deal.

I'll be watching your progress on this. My account #1 is still active even though I requested it to be deleted.
#40253 by allo
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:04 am
The Talker wrote:I am in the middle of this very thing but I bought another Telo through another supplier offering a better bundle package deal.

I'll be watching your progress on this. My account #1 is still active even though I requested it to be deleted.

I don't think it is so much the request of the account to be deleted by Ooma.... but rather if the telo/hub was returned to the retailer... because usually the retailer returns that "return" to its maker, ooma who normally should deactivate that unit when received!
It is the activation code and Mac Address which determine if an account is active!
Unless it is past the return period.

(Incidentally, all those returns: to retailer/ Retailer to Ooma/ Activation-Deactivation... incur some cost, mostly to ooma, which adversely affects their bottom line!)
#40260 by The Talker
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 am
allo wrote:I don't think it is so much the request of the account to be deleted by Ooma.... but rather if the telo/hub was returned to the retailer... because usually the retailer returns that "return" to its maker, ooma who normally should deactivate that unit!
It is the activation code and Mac Address which determine if an account is active!
Unless it is past the return period.

I just got off the phone with support and they deleted the account associated with the #1 MAC addressed device and updated me om port request info for device #2.
Now to go test everything, again!
#40261 by The Talker
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 am
Perhaps it will take a day for the data to update or cycle though. I should have said the rep deleted the MAC address in account #1. I can still log in to the account though.
Perhaps after the port is done with #2 all this will all merge/mesh together just fine. I'm trying to be proactive and prevent a problem but might just be creating a problem instead.